Have you ever thought of something, or someone, when you listen to a particular song?

Like for instance, I always think of zooming across a bright morning sky whenever the shuffle turns to Houki Boshi by Younha (The 3rd Bleach ED) Especially the chorus--a soaring infusion of power pop with heady guitar riffs and an extremely infectious tune--and I'm digressing again.

It could also be a connection to a place, like the venue for last year's Teenstreet Camp; I always think of that whenever All I Wanna Do ~ 1 a.m. comes up.

Selain itu, and this is one of the best, is when I start to imagine a picture in my mind, like a fictionous locale, or a story unfolding. Songs like Ai Ta Kokoro and Dirty Harry always put me in a steampunk world with towering skyscrapers of metal and pipes and everything is bathed in an atmospheric sepia glow.

Most songs by Radiohead, on the other hand, always brings to mind a journey or a series of events coming together, while River ~ Tatsuya Ishii sounds nothing like one, but invites me to snuggle up with a good book by the warm glow of my bedroom lamp while the rain pitter-patters outside. ^^

Sometimes my visions (or imaginings or whatever) are influenced by the lyrics; The Sharpest Lives always reminds me of a girl waiting upstairs in the dark for her boyfriend to come home, but he's lying inebriated and unconscious on the steps outside and being drenched in the night storm. Perhaps not that surprising considering it's classic MCR.

Other times I listen to songs whilst reading, and they stick. Like Pink's Fingers forever stuck to Eustace and Jill's underground sequence in The Silver Chair. And This Is How I Disappear actually quite fittingly attached to the tragic love story between the gods Ashura & Yasha in Tsubasa Chronicles. Gripping Stuff.

And now for people.
Peaches will is definitely Get Tangled Up In Me, while
Eric is probably This Ain't A Fashion Statement or anything else MCR-related.
Jia Wenn has gotta be Starlight, and
Helen is probably Dreamworld. (read:eccentric and off-kilter)
Esther my beloved sister has always been Tell The World ~ Hillsongs, and the kool gang (
Ikram, Mavin, Abelash and Akmal) will always be Bleed It Out.
Ikram by himself would be MIKA though. And
Jason is pure Simple Plan.

Most others, if you're not in here, it's either I know too little about you or I know too much. Erm, that sounds wrong. What I mean is that your multifaceted aspects are too diverse for me to attempt to pigeonhole it, so don't feel bad. But seriously, it's FUN to tag people with songs.


Which kinda leads me to wondering:

What song reminds you of me?

First 5 people to answer get the surplus candy I got back from London!