A Twist In My Story

Surfing through people's blogs and linking them to mine, I came across an awesome band by the name of Secondhand Serenade. (http://www.secondhandserenade.net/)
W00t~ XD

It sounds just like that other band I love but sadly haven't been able to get any of its songs, Death Cab For Cutie. Both of these bands feature what some mainstream critics call "Emocore"which apparently is some seriously emo music but without all the screaming.

Well, Secondhand Serenade's sound is pretty toned down with only the lead singer's high-barrister voice accompanied by some very soothing acoustic guitar, and usually the main tune has little discernible form and strays a lot. Not that I minded when I first heard them; I immediately fell in love with the wandering melody line and calming lack of drum and guitar which permeates the rest of the alternative/punk/rock/indie scene. If you haven't heard of them (in which case you must be quite a sad, sad person) the closest you can get to either is Your Guardian Angel by the Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, which incidentally is also a frickin' awesome song and one of the few I can play and sing to on my guitar.

In other news, I've just acquired an unexpected windfall of songs from my old iTunes, totalling 150+ of them in all. All of them handpicked by me, and all of them ROCK MY SOCKS OFF, YEAH. XD I've got some new old tracks from the likes of Relient K, My Chemical Romance, Pink, Hillsongs, RJA , and many others; been finding the keys for them (which didn't consume much of my studying time, no worries) so I'll be adding them on to my list soon (and in this color). ^^