What are they waiting for?!

Went out to Jusco and watched a horror movie with KX and the gang.

(Now was that so hard to type down? You're so preoccupied with making a post look 'edgy' and 'creative' that you get caught up in your own self-styled mania.)

NO pics here, since I didn't expect a full-blown outing. I just went to look at some pants, man.

At first I was dead set against watching anything vaguely horror-based, ever since I was thrown head-first into the deep end when I was 6 years old.
(>>GREAT-UNCLE STORY ALERT<<)
My babysitter's daughter had me stay over at their place....And in typical teenager fashion, she had a fascination with blood and gore.

Yeah, you know what that means.

Teenagers+late night sleepover+impressionable little kid=Horror Movie.

At the time, being the brave (read:stupid) child I was, I chose to watch both instead of just choosing one like what she suggested -- stupid, stupid, stupid. I remember the titles, but I know one was a live-action 'fest featuring a devil-incarnate guy with needles all over his face like some acupuncturist's wet dream, terrorizing the populace with an equally terrifying entourage and a Rubik's cube. The other was some period anime which in those days had quite a propensity for gore.


Thus, these two horror flicks gauged in me an indelible fear of all things horror.

After that debacle, even The Nightmare Before Christmas was scary. >_<


[/end great-uncle story]


So can you fault me then, for being just a wee bit apprehensive of going into the cold, dark cinema and sitting there with my legs curled up in front of me, just to get scared witless -- and PAY for it too? =.=

At first I was dead set on not going but in the end KX talked me over. Stupid peer pressure.


Oh well, they say you gotta face your fears sooner or later...Though I was rather hoping for the latter.

Two hours later, we stumbled out of the theatre and went window shopping. Oh, the movie? Cliched to the last drop of blood. I could list out on one hand the usual stuff:





  1. Cute, innocent little boy, check.
  2. Harried mother willing to go any lengths to save her son, check.
  3. Relatives-in-law with skeletons(literally) in the closet, check.
  4. Wise old guy who points the way, check.



Sigh.

Even the scares are cookie-cutter representations of the norm:

1.Man gets killed in the opening credits (like why does this always happen?Can they for once not have a flashback-to-an-earlier-period?)
2.The ghost standing on the sidewalk looking staring eerily up at the protagonist
3.An almost customary bathroom scene *rolleyes*
4.Waking dreams, rattling furniture, flesh-eating bones
5.Overworking of the soundtrack (why does every scare have to come with its own theme song?)


The list goes on, though there are some unintentionally funny scenes.... like the part where the ghost beckons the boy round a corner and the weird camera angles make it look like he goes walking in the other direction instead. So we were sniggering in the dark about how the ghost must be hanging around waiting impatiently for the boy to come and just floating there like an idiot XD.

Huh. So much for facing up to your fears =/


Well anyway despite all that, or because of it, I rather enjoyed the whole thing. Daniel still looked rather shaken by the ordeal (he also didn't feel like going but he caved in before I did spineless)But ironically the one who was most scared was KX himself, basket.

Later on while looking for a poster of the movie to put up here I discovered that it came out in 2007 in america, like wtf this movie is so old. =_=

That night I went straight to bed and slept very soundly indeed. But the next night, just as I was drifting off to sleep...I overhaerd a few clanking sounds emanating from the floor below.

O_O

Night, all!