Of Oranges And Mahjong Tiles.

Probably the best part was when they broke out the peepers in volatile springs, which hardly made for good pollen riders.


Or when Spongebob burst out of the freezer singing the national anthem.


Hold on, that was me.


Yesh, I wash sloshed. Three glasses of Absolut downed with 100+ of all things. Bit of lime smoothed the tipple though stauchly refused to believe I was drunk till the telltale lack of coordination on my stumble to bed. Oh wow, I'm dru-- (!)

Later in the afternoon, the picturesque chinese mountain on my head and an amused Ash told me I had crashed spectacularly into the banister. Woot me. Spent the rest of the day nursing two headaches instead of one, bugger.

So that was Thursday night: Talking into the wee hours with Ashley the cuzzie from Ozzie, starting off with existentialism and gradually degenerating into beach huts and cheesecake. Oh the profundity.

The rest was as usual for every CNY since my conception (okay lah, since I was old enough for Power Rangers) :




Mom's side, the divine visitation to.




Lion Dance at the Lokes'. Shooting from outside crushed against curious onlookers made it really dark therein the exceeded exposure. Yahh, still very the camnoob. If you squint you can pretend it's not that bright. =/


Majority of the day spent playing Poker and drawing on each other's faces. With eyeliner no less.


Pics all in Ash's SLR but Becky was magnificent in moustache (and matching goatee!) Nicky got off easiest 'cos he's so good at cards. I on the other hand was everyone's graffiti wall. X/


Gramma's house was crowded as usual. Assorted footwear doffed all the way up to the porch. And that was only half of my dad's side. With odds like that you'd imagine a bountiful harvest (read:angpow moola) numbering in the thousands at least. Think again. It did use to, but that was 10 years ago...my annual windfall is now 10 times as small. Wtf? And just when I was starting to appreciate the extra cash too. (read: splurge to Oblivion)



It's one of those paradoxical things in life when you're red as a lobster from three mugs of Baileys and both thoughts and speech are impaired and its the first time you've ever played mahjong and you win 5 times in a row.


I have the most epic beginners' luck. Except when it comes to Poker. >_<

Introducing the cherubic little wonder, Christine! 4 years young & loves tickling people to bits. (though honestly she could do that just with her smile =x)




Isn't she just so perfectly adorable? =3



[ I told myself I wouldn't put up so many pics but the weak-willed me prevailed. (Ironic, much?) ]


One last one, just because. =3 =3 =3

It seems the older we get, the greater appreciation we have for young 'uns. It was a bit embarrassing and kinda funny to read people's blogs gushing over pics of their baby cousins/sisters/nieces...until I found it irresistable myself. But seriously, isn't she the cutest?


In other news, we (insert bro here) went out with JW and her bros for drinks and a movie on Mon. And you could've told me it was so damn crowded! In the end didn't watch anything for bad schedule times so we just strolled around Kinta City and slurped IB mochas. Not as boring as you might think ;)



Later on went for the customary old auntie discussion at her house at 10; too bad had to break off at 1 'cos everyone else was turning in. *audible sigh* Usually we go 5-6 hours at a stretch and pleasantly surprise ourselves; along that lane of houses Time has a record of zooming, nay, hurtling past us with nary a murmur.




Next year will probably be the last we meet, unless fortune favors the bookish; I wonder if I could keep Hawkings, just for old time's sake. =P