Part III of the Boring Holiday Photo Montage



It is apparent that no one can feel 100% secure. The christians find their security in God, atheists in their self-righteousness; but where then does that leave the agnostic?



For some time now I’ve been feeling like an anchorless sampan, carried hither and thither by the currents of an uncaring sea. Should I divine my future in the stars, or scry my fate in the swirls and eddies of the water?



It’s really really cold in the ferry.



So we spent a night in Tioman. Would’ve been the standard two, if not for your typical Malaysian timing, which involves a mad rush of packing on Saturday after procrastinating about it for the whole week, leaving at 10am the next day, two hours to dock, 12pm, wait for ferry, two hours to board, 2pm, bump and grind in freezing boat, two hours to Tioman, 4pm.



Total time, 6 hours. Would've been bearable enough, if not for your typical Malaysian love of a certain spiky fruit with a distinct pong, the aroma of which enveloped us and refused to go away, not even when we got on the ferry, haunting us like a jilted lover's ghost with gastrointestinal problems.




But like everything one goes through, it's an experience. Better than staying at home playing Happy Farm on Facebook. Better than vegetating on the couch, or bumming around CS, wasting hard-earned money on b-grade action flicks you can get 10 for 3 at the completely legal I assure you dvd seller beside the hawker centre. Nope, definitely better than that.



"I dreamt I was a paper boat
who wanted to be free;
I cast off from my
harbor and sailed the seven seas


I had some great adventures,
a scrape or two, or three;
But then i found i was alone, adrift upon the sea


I relished the open space at first
As far as I could see;
The sky above,
the sea below
A perfect symmetry.


Yet 'ere I gazed upon the view
I yearned for something more
another boat
to share it with
a comrade oar in oar

I scoured the seven seas again
though all I looked around
The companionship I sought for
was nowhere to be found.



Till now have I searched fruitlessly
a futile quest it seems
Mayhap I'll always be this way-
Oh well. It's just a dream."



~Toodle pip!