insert funny quote here

Hello all!

Let me start off by saying Happy Father’s Day to all you fathers and fathers-to-be out there . You may not be celebrated as much as mothers, but you fulfill a different role (or sociological niche, as my bio teacher calls it) in the shaping of your children’s future. For those who are good at this sort of thing - bravo. For those who aren’t, but keep trying anyway - bravasissimo - your effort is equally lauded. =)


(In case you think I’ve forgotten someone, I said it to him last week. [I got the date wrong, okay?])




Now that that’s out of the way. I want to say I love my camera. (Wait. For those of you who can't stand my long wordy posts, just scroll down for the pics. Don't leave a comment)


Anyway. I love my cam. I really do. I love its crisp shots, the detail you can cram into each pic (3000x2000 pixels usually) and the endless tweaking it can be subjected to, which renders the post-pics editing obsolete. Pretty much the only thing I have to do is resize the pics before uploading them.


So now that we’ve established the fact that my camera owns. I want to say that sometimes I can still be jealous of rae. Or more specifically the teeny widdle camera she totes around everywhere. You know, the kind no self-respecting facebooker is caught dead without.



Why, you ask? Because it’s so small. It’s compact. You could stick it in your jeans and people will think it’s your wallet. Secondly, as a direct consequence of this it’s unobtrusive. Meaning you can snap candids of price tags/ concerts/ unwary friends in compromising situations with relatively low risk of getting caught.



Not so with my camera. It's bulky. It's hard to carry. When you're not taking photos with it it's a dead weight. Often the fact makes me lazy to drag it everywhere, thus missing out on some good photo ops (sunrises, gatherings, etc.) Like last night I had had some some really good peach wine - light, silvery sweet with sour aftertaste - and i wanted to take a nice pic of the bottle with the food and atmosphere and all, but i didn't bring it. Who takes a camera the size of a shoebox to dinner, i ask you? Instead i brought back the bottle and took this:


Which of course isn't the same at all. This is ....dusty. Nostalgic, even. Not to mention more boring than anything.



Secondly, as a direct consequence of the first reason, my camera is very obvious. It looks almost official. When I have it out at functions people automatically assume I'm the journalist/ photographer/ student body officer. It makes heat-of-the-moment shots very hard to make. And sometimes people get offended....


Like so.


So now we've established the fact that my camera doesn't own, at least not in all aspects. But still its pretty good methinks, and its handy for taking close-ups of very small and very fast movings things.....

taking into account that this is a water droplet the size approximate of a pimple, and the time period it was on that patch of surface was probably 1/555 seconds, , due to the fact that said surface was above 100C, enough to melt clothes
as illustrated by the recent fashion statement in my lab coat.

Which brings us to the other topic of conversation, Sunway College's Open Day last sun. Though it might as well have been a closed day for all the visitors who showed up. The upside of this was that we were mostly left to our own devices (muaha), so the remainder of the day was well spent making ice-cream,



playing with faux blood,


and the taking of dumb photos.






Ah, college. =)