Pepperoni & green peppers mushrooms olive chive

I don't know about you, but I'm starting to hate the afterlife humor that is so prevailent during exam week. (''We're all going to die!!" Duh, obviously.)

Frankly, I don't know why it's so chic to gush "OMGimsodead" while behind that veneer of self-deprecation you're secretly feeling you didn't do too bad. Wallow some more in fake helplessness, why don't you? The people who really didn't do well at all are easier to spot; they're the ones who look like they just got hit by a speeding bus. Far from proclaiming their newfound non-existence, they stare blankly into the distance, speaking little and answering in mumbled tones when addressed.

On a personal note, my friends are often aghast at how indifferent I seem when faced with impending doom. But. It's not that I don't care, or I don't fully comprehend the gravity of the shituation. It's like forgetting to type LOL at something obviously hysterical. I leave the mask on, so much so that it starts grafting itself to my face. Eww.


Enough of graphic metaphors.


For the past few weeks, my bathroom has been invaded by tiny frogs. They sneak in from who knows where, and every morning I am greeted with a grubby amphibian staring impudently up at me. Attempts at eviction usually result in a mad chase around the premises, resulting in the little critter taking refuge beneath the sink and an annoyed still-half-asleep teenager late for class.


Or maybe they're all the same frog. Guh.



While shuffling through Hou Ting's flogged-to-death Nano (maximum half an hour's listening time after having overcharged it for four years) I came across a very funny song. It was called
Chik 'n' Stu
and it was by a band called System of a Down. I put the link instead of the embed because Blogger is being a dick and it's too much fuss to go find a flash player the size of a litmus paper to put here and I like Ride On Shooting Star to play when I blog.



Anyway. It was a band called System of a Down and their particular brand of metal is nothing short of mad genius. While most of the songs are typically frantic guitar riffs offset by quiet introspection, it's the vocals that get the beard: Hard to describe but I always think of a skeleton in a sombrero strumming a guitar in the middle of some desert, lamenting the terrible fate of angels and advertizing billboards or whatever heavy stuff the lyrics are on about. Bemusingly macabre.



At the same time, this guy called Richard Cheese does jazz covers of heavy metal songs. His accompanying band is called Lounge Against The Machine. I'm not kidding. His rendition of Radiohead's Creep is particularly cheerful.

"But I'm a creeeeeeeeeeeep!"
"I'm a nutjob..."

Almost better than the original.

Oh, and there's a tire shop in Taman Daya called Lucky Star. Gotta bring the D60 next time~



P.S. Though I never followed it Adam should have won. His Ring Of Fire was sensually disturbing, yet disturbingly AWESOME. Kris is more boring than wallpaper and my physics lecturer combined. Meh.